Jeffrey Smith is one of the world’s leading consumer advocate promoting healthier non-GMO choices. He wrote this book: Seeds of Deception: Exposing Industry and Government Lies About the Safety of the Genetically Engineered Foods You’re Eating.
Read this book and you will learn that eating such “experimental food” is to gamble with your health and life.
They – the Vested Interests and government agencies said the GMOs are safe for human consumption. Know that this is a big lie based on pseudo-science arguments and bad research.
In this book the author tells you that:
• When a top scientist tried to alert the public about his alarming discoveries, he lost his job and was silenced with threats of a lawsuit.
• Scientists were offered bribes or threatened. Evidence was stolen. Data was omitted or distorted.
• Government employees who complained were harassed, stripped of responsibilities or fired.
• Laboratory rats fed a GM crop developed stomach lesions and 7 out of 40 died within 2 weeks. The crop was approved without further tests.
The report by a panel of experts of the Royal Society of Canada said this:
• It is scientifically unjustifiable to presume that GM foods are safe.
• There is a need for safety testing, looking for short- and long-term human toxicity, allergenicity and other health effects.
• The risks in biotechnology are undeniable, and they stem from the unknowable in science and commerce. It is prudent to recognize and address those risks, not compound them by overly optimistic or fool hardy behavior (Quoting the editors of the UK’s Nature Biotechnology).
On this issue, in the US, the attitude is — the Government by the Industry, for the Industry. Those with authority turned a blind eye to the whole issue of human safety placing more emphasis on money making by the Vested Interests.
Henry Miller who was in charge of biotechnology at the US-FDA from 1979 to 1994, was quoted to have said: “the US government agencies have done exactly what big agribusiness has asked them to do and told them to do.”
The US government would not require any safety tests or any special labels identifying the foods as genetically engineered.
Geneticist David Suzuki was quoted to have said: “Any politician or scientist who tells you these products are safe is either very stupid or lying. The experiments have simply not been done.”