Try to google this: Trump says drug company get away with murder and you get to this link:
- S. President-elect Donald Trump on Wednesday said pharmaceutical companies are “getting away with murder” in what they charge the government for medicines, and promised that would change, sending drugs stocks sharply lower.
- Trump on drug prices: Pharma companies are ‘getting away with murder’
SAN FRANCISCO — At his first news conference as president-elect on Wednesday, Donald Trump accused the pharmaceutical industry of “getting away with murder” and said that he would change the way the country bids on drugs to bring prices and spending down.
“Pharma has a lot of lobbies, a lot of lobbyists and a lot of power. And there’s very little bidding on drugs,” Trump said during the event at Trump Tower in New York. “We’re the largest buyer of drugs in the world, and yet we don’t bid properly.”
Federal law forbids the government from negotiating with drug companies to bring down the price of drugs for seniors using Medicare. While Trump did not announce a specific plan to address the issue, he has in the past called for ending the policy — a proposal that Democratic lawmakers have repeatedly put forward.
- Drug stocks tanked after President-elect Donald Trump, in his first press conference since the election, complained about big price increases and put the industry on notice. Trump said that many companies were “getting away with murder” and that there would be more competitive bidding practices for federal contracts in his administration.
- NEW YORKS. President-elect Donald Trump on Wednesday said pharmaceutical companies are “getting away with murder” in what they charge the government for medicines, and promised that would change, sending drugs stocks sharply lower.
- President-elect Donald Trump went after drug makers in the opening remarks of his press conference Wednesday, calling the industry’s practices “disastrous” and suggested the government should negotiate drug prices. Trump had endorsed having Medicare negotiate drug prices — a long-time Democratic position which Republicans have opposed. “The other thing we have to do is create new bidding procedures for the drug industry, because they’re getting away with murder, pharma. Pharma has a lot of lobbies, a lot of lobbyists, a lot of power. And there’s very little bidding on drugs,” he said.